Palladium Concert Hall
In 1913 opened cinema Palladium was one of the most modern and spacious film theaters in the Baltic States with 250 seats. In 20ies Palladium was the biggest cinema in Europe with up to 1,080 seats. There was a futuristic design cafe and second-floor balcony to watch movies. However, despite the popularity of the great theater, at the start of the 21st century, it was closed. There were many efforts to renew the theater, but unsuccessfully. Until its owners became concert agency “Positivus.” Behaving with respect to the historical heritage, preserving its legendary name, in 2011 after major restoration was opened concert hall Palladium. It became the biggest concert hall in the Baltic’s medium – scale group of concerts, up to 2,000 people.
For interior design starting point became the Palladium concert hall name. Palladium from Greek means a charm or talisman for a city. From this meaning, the concept for the Concert hall was developed – “a city within a city.” According to this motive, materials and color tones from outer facades were adapted for entire exterior. The colors for the interior design got its inspiration from outdoors of Riga – where colors of beige to grey immerges into Palladium`s bluish tones.